5. What Choices Do I Have?
You may be able to add, update, or edit certain information while using the Service. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records to the extent necessary for legal compliance purposes and where permitted by applicable law. We may also retain some of the information for reasons including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable regulations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
This section of the Policy applies solely to those individuals who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We are providing this policy in compliance with the
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), and other applicable California privacy laws. Any terms used in this Notice that are not defined in the Notice itself have the same definition as used in the CCPA/CPRA and its implementing regulations.
Notice at Collection for California Residents
- What Information We Collect: We collect the categories of information disclosed above in the “What Information Does Blend Realty Collect” section of the Policy, and we collect that information from the categories of sources described above in “Categories of Sources of Information.” The exact information we collect, and the sources, about you depends on what products/services you use and how you use the Service and interact with us. We base the information in this disclosure on our data collection practices over the previous 12 months until present time.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information: We use your information for the business or commercial purposes described above in the “How Will Blend Realty Use My Information” section of the Policy, and we disclose your information to the categories of third parties described above in “How Will Blend Realty Disclose My Information.” Exactly how we use and disclose your information depends on what products/services you use and how you use the Service and interact with us. We base the information in this disclosure on our data collection and disclosure practices over the previous 12 months until present time.
Right to Know: You have a right to know what personal information is being collected about you. This includes the following: the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources of that information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information; the specific pieces of personal information collected; and, to the extent applicable, the categories of personal information sold or shared (and to which categories of third parties) and the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose (and to which categories of persons). However, this “right to know” is subject to certain exceptions. Please see below under “Contact us” for information on how to submit an access request.
Right to Delete: You have a right to request deletion of personal information collected about you. However, this “right to delete” is subject to certain exceptions. Please note, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Service. If you request deletion of your information and we are required to delete your information, your access or use of the Service may be impacted. Please see below under “Contact us” for information on how to submit a deletion request.
Right to Correct: You have a right to request correction of inaccurate information about you. However, this “right to correct” is subject to certain exceptions. Please see below under “Contact us” for information on how to submit a correction request
Right to Limit: While the CCPA/CPRA provides California consumers with the right to request that covered businesses limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected or processed with the purpose of inferring characteristics about them (subject to certain exceptions), Blend Realty does not collect or process sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you, as we understand those terms to be defined by the CCPA/CPRA.
Blend Realty Does Not Sell or Share Your Data: While the CCPA/CPRA provides California residents with the right to opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions), Blend Realty has not “sold” or “shared” consumer personal information or sensitive personal information in the preceding 12 months and does not “sell” or “share” your personal information or sensitive personal information, as those terms are defined under the CCPA/CPRA and its implementing regulations.
Authorized Agent: When a consumer uses an authorized agent to submit a request to know, correct or delete, a business may require that the consumer do the following (this does not apply when a consumer has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465):
- Provide the authorized agent signed permission to do so.
- Verify their own identity directly with the business.
- Directly confirm with the business that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
A business may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on their behalf. To make an authorized request on behalf of another pursuant to consumer rights provided by California law, please use our Data Request Form or call 866-602-9022.
Financial Incentives: Blend Realty does not offer financial incentives for the collection of your data.
Right of No Retaliation: You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising certain of your rights under the CCPA. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Retaliate against an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor, as those terms are defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.145.
How other data privacy laws may affect your ability to request access to, or delete, your data: Please note that your rights and choices regarding your personal information are often subject to other laws. Personal information collected pursuant to other laws, such as information governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the California Financial Information Privacy Act, may be exempt from requests to access, correct, limit or delete data.
Contact us: If you would like to make a request to exercise any of these rights, please use our Data Request Form or call 866-602-9022. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
Residents of Other U.S. States.
Residents of certain other U.S. states, such as Virginia and Connecticut, may have additional rights with respect to their personal data, subject to certain limitations. These rights may include:
- Opt out of the sale of personal information
- Opt out of the the use of personal information for targeted advertising or profiling
- Confirm the processing of personal information and access such information in a portable format
- Correct inaccurate personal information
- Delete personal information
Making a request to exercise your rights: Residents of these states can exercise their rights by submitting a request through the Data Request Form. Depending on your state, an authorized agent may make requests on your behalf under certain circumstances. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Verification: We must verify your identity before responding to your request. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity.
Appeals: Depending on your state, you may have the right to appeal a denial of their request by contacting us as described in the notice of denial.